Thursday, April 9, 2009

Sparrow Tea Towels

I recently made these towels for my dear friend Madelyn's birthday. I had not done too much embroidery before but I found it to be a very enjoyable and easy project to do.  I used a light table to transfer my drawings onto the fabric.  I found that a water soluble fabric pen works well to draw with.  For the wording i picked a font on the computer that I liked and then printed the words out on paper in the size that I needed.  I used the light table to transfer the words onto the fabric as well.   Once all the images were on the fabric I used various embroidery floss colors to go over the pictures.   












    






I used the stem stitch to embroider almost everything! I did use the chain stitch on the rain drops and the eggs. For the words I used the satin or damask stitch.  Since I did nine towels, i decided to do three towels with orange, three with blue and three with yellow words. I also divided the themes into three groupings.  Three were weather themed, three were seasons of the family, three were simply various sized birds together.   It was a great experience and enjoyed every minute of it! Hope you all enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. I've never read this blog until today. Didn't know it was yours. Aww, my birdies. I love them and they will always be on display in our home. Love you and miss you friend.

    Mad

    ReplyDelete