Sunday, April 5, 2009

Audrey's Colombian Drink Coasters!




My daughter Audrey has been watching me get crafty, so to speak, for most of her little life and over the last few months she has begun to show an interest in getting crafty herself! So, to Tall Mouse we went to find something for her that she could make and learn with.  We purchased some yarn and such so that she could make some coasters! 
My mom and I found some large needles and began to teach  her how to sew a simple little pattern.  I was a bit worried that it would be too challenging and tedious for her but, boy was I wrong! She loved every minute of it, well except for the times that she pulled her yarn out of the needle. Audrey has little patience for herself, something that she picked up from yours truly.  I was amazed and excited that she was doing so well and enjoying herself.  She was so proud to be like mommy, maum (grandma), g-ma, katey, and layne. So far she has completed one coaster using the colors of the Colombian flag, which she chose herself. So if you are in need of an easy crafty idea for the kiddos, or yourself for that mater, these drink coasters are the ticket and would add a little zip and zest to any living room, table or drink that sits upon them! 




No comments:

Post a Comment